Newcastle Film School Terms and Conditions
If you are 18 years or older you agree that you have read and understood the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. If you are under 18 years old, you and your guardian agree that your enrolment and/or participation in the workshop is adequate consideration for your obligations set out in these Terms and Conditions and that you consider the provisions of these Terms and Conditions to be reasonable and for your benefit.
NEWCASTLE FILM SCHOOL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO:
- Make amendments to its program without notice before or during a course or to cancel a course.
- Refuse enrolment as permitted by law or to request a participant to leave a course if they are repeatedly disruptive or have not paid their fees.
- Record and use photographs, videos and sound of course participants for promotional and archival purposes, public screening or broadcast or publication on any media.
Once the course has commenced cancellations will not be offered. If for reasons medical in nature or compassionate, enrolment may be moved to the proceeding semester free of charge. See below for our full refund policy.
Students may not publish or upload recordings (audio, videos or photos) of any workshops or other activities at Newcastle Film School for any publication, broadcast or social media website.
Your details are used by Newcastle Film School to process your enrolment, enable us to contact your parent/caregiver and to contact you about future events. They will not be disclosed to 3rd parties unless you give permission for us to do so, or unless we are bound by NSW or Australian Law to do so
- By accepting these terms the participant agrees to pay the Course fees (including GST) for the Course using the payment method selected on the enrolment form.
- The participant accepts that he/she is required to pay the full amount of the Course fees even if he/she does not complete the Course.
- If the participant is under 18, the parent/guardian is responsible for the payment of the Course Fees.
- The approximate duration of the Course is stated on the course page in the course FAQs.
- Course commencement is the date upon which we receive your course fees in full.
- Participants are unable to graduate from their course until course fees have been paid in full.
- The participant has read the FAQ on the FAQ page
- Course enrolment is complete when the participant has been issued a username and password for online course access/or sent course materials via another method;
- Course duration is effective from the date elearning access/access to materials is granted; and
- Course commencement is effective from the date elearning access/access to materials is granted.
- Special offer coupon codes cannot be added to an enrolment retrospectively and must be added at the time of enrolment.
- Course fees are non-transferable to other students.
COURSE MATERIALS, ACCESS AND ASSESSMENT
- Course Materials are supplied in an online environment, unless otherwise stated in the course description, and are available for viewing online and may not be downloaded;
- The content of the online Course Materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of Newcastle Film School. You may not reproduce any part of the online Course Materials without the prior written consent of Newcastle Film School.
- Course materials, course content and assessment are subject to change;
- Course materials are provided online via our Online Learning System 24/7 or via alternative means. Course materials comprise of written materials, web presentations, videos (where specified) and other learning resources. The Online Learning System site may occasionally be unavailable during scheduled maintenance. In the event that our Online Learning System becomes unavailable, course materials will be provided by another mode of delivery;
- Optional printed materials are available for most courses/units within Australia only. Charges apply;
- Independent research beyond the course materials may be required to complete the assessment. Tutor support is available to help guide students through the course content and assessment only.
- Online Learning System access may be suspended after six (6) months of inactivity; and
- Twelve (12) months’ course materials access, with extensions available upon application (fees apply).
COURSE WITHDRAWRAL AND REFUNDS
Newcastle Film School complies with Australian Consumer Law in regard to refunds. We are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about the course that you chose to enrol into.
However, while course fees are non-refundable, students may have extenuating circumstances that prevent them from undertaking their course. Where evidence can be successfully provided to support the student’s circumstances, course fees may be refunded or partially refunded as per the following:
- A full refund is permitted if the enrolment is cancelled prior to the commencement date and if access to resources has not been provided yet.
- A 50% refund is permitted if the enrolment is cancelled within 7 days of the course commencement date.
- No refund will be provided after 7 days of the course commencement date.
- No refund will be provided if $199 deposit is made.
This decision of assessing the extenuating circumstances rests with the Managing Director and shall be assessed on a case by case situation.
If you are having difficulties completing your course by the enrolment expiry date, a free course extension may be available. Please email email@example.com for details.
We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim)
- information provided by you is considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, nor will it be sold.
Upon enrolment into the course, we may use the content from your emails in our marketing materials and on our website testimonials page, as well as send you a periodical newsletter. Your identity will never be revealed, however we will use your surname, initials and your City. Please be assured that we respect your privacy and only comments related to course outcomes and student experiences will be mentioned.
NEWCASTLE FILM SCHOOL CODE OF PRACTICE
Newcastle Film School has responsibilities to you as a student to provide you with a quality of service that will assist you as much as possible in attaining your professional development certificate. We undertake to abide by all our policies and procedures.
NEWCASTLE FILM SCHOOL AGREES TO:
- Provide a tax invoice;
- Provide login details to access the online Course Materials (or alternative access).
- Provide limited tutor support via email throughout the enrolment;
Students with Newcastle Film School are required to:
- Ensure that all the information provided to NEWCASTLE FILM SCHOOL is accurate;
- Notify NEWCASTLE FILM SCHOOL of any contact changes (email, telephone, address etc.);
- Advise NEWCASTLE FILM SCHOOL of any difficulties or problems they may experience with NEWCASTLE FILM SCHOOL staff, procedures or training;
- In your interaction with administrative staff, learning consultants and tutor support (including, but not limited to telephone calls, emails and instant chats) you agree to conduct yourself civilly and respectfully at all times. As a customer or student of Newcastle Film School, you agree that you shall not, under any circumstances, use abusive language or harass staff. Newcastle Film School reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, what constitutes abusive language and harassment, and where that has occurred; and may, partially or completely, deny service to any infringing party.